2014年5月号-纪念六四 北明简介 北明文章检索

 

 

八九六四輓歌第六章:我是王維林



北明

翻譯:馬悅然,賴安智

 

1989年春夏之交,数名西方记者分别從北京飯店高层摄下了一個震撼世界的場景,多年以後,這一場景仍然震撼西方神經。那是198964日,清晨始,军队血洗木樨地后,控制了天安门广场,悲愤的家长们在少数勇敢者陪同下,六次试图进入广场寻找自己孩子,被枪彈打散。这是最後的抵抗,北京被擊中咽喉卧血倒下,整座城市在驚恐悲愤中归于沉寂。在此時,一位青年手無寸鐵,拎著背包,走上长安街,面對坦克阵列站立,隻身擋住了坦克車隊的去路。中文世界稱這個青年王維林,英文世界稱這位青年Tank Man(坦克人)。大約十分鐘之後,坦克人王维林被路边跑来的幾個人擁圍着離去,从此世間再無他的消息。多年後,東歐解體的有關回憶顯示:天安門模式在柏林牆倒塌前進入東德政府的語言和思維,而北京抗議者們的勇氣,在1989119日面臨槍彈威脅情況下,依然堅持燭光遊行的重大決策,起了積極的促進作用。

When the spring of 1989 was turning into the summer, and from the balconies of the Beijing Hotel, a number of western journalists recorded a scene that immediately shocked the whole world. Even though many years have passed by, this scene is still nerve racking today in the West. That is a scene of the 4th of June 1989. Starting in the morning of the day, China’s PLA troops shot through Muxidi with bloodshed and then controlled the Tiananmen Square. A number of grievous parents, led by a few courageous men, tried six times to enter the Square to look for their children but were dispersed by gun shots. This was a last resistance of the people. Beijing’s throat was hit and the whole city fell down in blood streams in a horrifying silence. At this moment, an unarmed young man, swaying a bag in his hand, bravely walked onto the Changan Avenue and confronted a column of tanks advancing to the Square, bringing the tanks to a standstill. This young man has since been known as Wang Weiling in Chinese and “Tank Man” in English. In about ten minutes, the Tank Man Wang Weilin was rushed away by a few others coming to his rescue. Since then, there has been no word of him. Several years thereafter, some memoirs on the collapse of the East Bloc showed that, prior to the fall of the Berlin Wall, the “Tiananmen Mode” had impacted the language and thoughts of the East German government. On the other hand, the courage of the Beijing protesters had also played a positive role in the decision of the East Berlin citizens to go on with a candlelight demonstration on November 9, 1989, regardless of the threats of crackdown with machine guns.

 

 

1

我是王維林

    I am Wang Weilin,

一個沒有刪除就消失的名字

    a name vanished not by deletion,    

一個沒有告別就終止的性命

    a life ended without a word of parting,

一個不再有溫度的存在

    and a being no longer felt warm,

一個神秘失踪的青年

    a young man secretly missing,

在那個子彈穿過的早晨

in that bullets whooshing morning.

 

 

2                                 

我是王維林

    I am Wang Weilin.

只身面對長驅列陣的坦克

    Facing a column of tanks in motion,

我站在世界最長最寬的街心

    in the middle of the world’s longest lane,

手中的袋子甩動自由的定律

    and swaying the bag following the law of freedom,

雙腳騰挪擋住裝甲的行進

    I hopped to block the tanks from advancing,

在那個嗜血的早晨

    in that bloodthirsty morning.

 

 3

我是王維林

    I am Wang Weilin.

背影勾住了全世界的眼睛

    My back took the world’s attention,

對峙攝取了四海五洲的心魂

    and the standoff seized all hearts from beating.

鏡頭定格為震撼世界的畫面

    The scene turned into a picture shaking the whole universe,

畫面刷新了所有大師的傑作

    and the picture became an art redefining the meaning of masterpiece,

在那個萬古不赦的早晨

    in that forever cursed morning.

 

4

我是王維林

    I am Wang Weilin.

在漫長殘忍的閹割之後

Despite brutal and endless demonizations,

我是中國尊嚴的守夜人

    I remain a night patroller safeguarding people’s dignity.

生命複製萬世不絕的勇氣

    Life is replicating everlasting bravery,

隔代傳承往聖先賢的基因

    with copies of our ancient saints’ gene,

在那個四九年後唯一的早晨

    in that post-49 and once-only morning.

 

 

5

我是王維林

    I am Wang Weilin.

山海經奠基我的骨骼脈絡

    My bones and veins are built upon the classics of the Shanhai Jing,

經史子集塑造我的血精魂

    and my heroism and soul upon the wisdom of China’s anciency.

履帶可以輕易碾過我的身體

    Tanks may run over my body with ease,

但即使一萬次碾壓我依然站立

    but nothing can ever prevent me from upstanding,

在那個三千年後的早晨

    through 3,000 years, in that morning.

 

 

6

我是王維林

    I am Wang Weilin.

是大陸總要旭日東昇

    Nothing can prevent our land from meeting the sunrise,

是人類終將公義和平

    and no one can stop the mankind from seeking justice,

即使時代穿上盛世的名牌行頭

    even when time is dressed in brand-name heyday costumes,

即使長街生長遺忘的水泥叢林

    and roads covered with hypnotic concrete columns,

我作證,在那個硝煙瀰漫的早晨

    I testify, in that gunpowder fumed morning.

 

 

7

我是王維林

     I am Wang Weilin.

代表血泊中倒下的北京

     I dare to speak for Beijing that fell in bloodshed,

象徵人類自由精神

     and to signify human spirit for liberty.

在長安拆除柏林牆第一快磚石

     Standing at Changan, let me chip off the first brick of the Berlin Wall,

從中國結束世界冷戰的命運

     and from China, let me blow the first whistle for ending the Cold War,

在那個紅色喪鐘敲響的清晨

     in that morning, with red funeral bells ringing.

 

 


 

8

我是王維林

    I am Wang Weilin.

當你沐浴冬季大雪飄灑

    When you bathe in the winter snow swirling,

當你迎面秋天落葉繽紛

    or raise your head to face the autumn leaves falling;

當你仰望舒雲長空漫卷

    and when you look up the rolling clouds in the sky,

當你聽見排浪江翻騰

    or hear the roaring of the tides,

那是我,來自那個不朽的早晨。

    that is me, coming from that immortal morning.

 

 

9

我是王維林

    Yes, I am Wang Weilin.

我就在你們中間

    In a solemn mood snow-white, I am with you forever,

我也將指揮歡樂頌開啟中國的勃蘭登堡門

    conducting the Ode An die Freude to knock open China’s Brandenburger Tor.

不必再找尋我吧,朋友

    Friends, please no longer look for me,

我訂購了永遠在場的歷史門票

    as I’ve got the pass and entered the theatre of history,

自從那個永不消失的早晨

    since that eternal morning.

 

相关文章
作 者 :北明
出 处 :北京之春
整 理 :2014年5月31日20:59
关闭窗口